Monday, August 6, 2012

Registration & Orientation 2012

Registration Week 2012

As you wrap up your summer excitement and begin to think about school again (gasp) I want you to know that I am looking forward to a great year of music making with over 190 student musicians this year.

I make an effort to communicate information in a timely manner, which means I update this blog at least every week.  You'll find information for students and parents about performances, activities, classwork, fundraisers and much more.  Be sure to follow my blog and check back every week.

Registration information-
If you have questions about your schedule, I'll be around Tuesday and Wednesday throughout the day to talk with you about your schedule.  As of now, there are 56 students in Orchestra, 36 in Beginning Band, 41 in Concert Band, 42 in Wind Ensemble and 19 in Jazz Band.

Want to get a jump start on the year?
Check out the Instrumental Music Handbook (my syllabus).  The last page will be due by Friday, August 24.  Do you need a school instrument during the year?  Stop by during registration to let me know so that I can get the paperwork to you sooner.  If you haven't been practicing, you will want to spend a few minutes to get the feel for your instrument again- scales, long tones, range and endurance are all going to be challenging if you've not touched your instrument since May.

Want to check out our performance schedule?
Click on the 2012-13 Calendar link at the top of the page.  Please take the time to review this information so that we don't have any last minute schedule conflicts or problems.

Are you a parent who wants to be involved?
I am looking for a group of parents who can help throughout the year.  We will meet periodically throughout the year to plan and do various events.  If you would like to know more, please email me chris _ mccoy [at] sjusd [dot] org and I'll keep you up to date with all the info.