Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 12-16

Entertainment Books are DUE MONDAY!  All money (checks made payable to "Pioneer Performing Arts") or unsold books must be returned!  Refer to the Entertainment Books posting for more info.

This Saturday, Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band will perform at the Grand Opening Celebration for the new Orchard store on Blossom Hill/ Meridian.  Students meet at PHS at 8:00.  We will walk over to Orchard shortly after that and we will perform there from about 9:15-9:45.  Following our performance, I will return to PHS and students may drop off their equipment at that time.  Students who do not return to PHS may bring their equipment back Monday morning.  Students should wear the same pep band attire as at the football game on 9/2.  This is a graded performance- students who miss must have a signed note from home stating the reasons for missing.  Students will be given an alternate assignment to make up credit.

It was good to see so many parents at Back-to-School night last week!  If you missed any of the information, remember that the most important thing is to check this site regularly as just about all of the things going on in class go up here in my announcements first!  If you have any further questions, you can reach me by email- chris _ mccoy [at] sjusd [dot] org.  I will be sending out information for Booster meetings and other ways for parents to be involved over this year.  If you do not get an email from me by the end of this week, let me know so that I can be sure to add your address to my list.

This week I will survey Orchestra, Wind Ensemble and Jazz Band regarding our February performance trip to Anaheim.  I need a commitment from families for payment and fundraising and scheduling before I give our final confirmation to travel.  In order for us to have a successful trip, we need the highest participation possible for each ensemble.  For more info, click on the Tour 2012 link here or at the top of the page.