Friday, May 4, 2012

2012-13 Personnel

Want to find out about plans for Spring Tour 2013? All students in Jazz Band, Wind Ensemble, Concert Band and Orchestra for next year and their parents are invited to an informational meeting next Wednesday, May 9 at 7:00 in the PAC at Pioneer.  We will discuss my vision for why we travel, and most importantly where we might go next year!  There will also be former parent chaperones in attendance who can help answer questions as well.  Please join us!

Also, most of our dates for the 2012-13 school year are already booked!  Please check out the 2012-13 Calendar link and pencil in the information.

Band students- I need more tuba, (bass) clarinet and french horn players.  Students who are interested in trying a new instrument and let me know soon.  I have school instruments that I can check out and can get you started before summer so that you can work on it, take lessons, and be ready to start the year strong.  You might also audition for me again at registration time in August for a new placement.  I have also left two spots for trombone open in Jazz Band.  If you are a trombone player who would like to audition again, please take lessons over the summer and audition again in August at registration for possible reassignment.

Orchestra students- We no not yet know if there will be one or two orchestra classes.  As of right now, I have made just one class list.  If we are able to offer two orchestra classes next fall, I will publish that information and let Mr. Krijnen know as soon as I do.  If we split, we will add an advanced section.

You're Invited to our Finale Concerts- Wednesday, May 16th and Thursday the 17th, both at 7:00 in the PAC.  Wednesday night features Beginning Band, Concert Band and Wind Ensemble.  Thursday night features Orchestra and Jazz Band.  Both nights are free and open to the public.

Here's what you've been waiting for- 2012-13 Rosters- all listed alphabetically by section