Sunday, January 8, 2012

1/9-1/13

West Side Story kicks off this week!  Those who are looking for the info from Mr. Dini for the cast should click here.  Those playing in the pit will meet Monday and Wednesday this week from 7-9 in my room.  If you don't already have a practice CD, bring me 2 blank disks and I can make those for you.  This is a hard musical and will require dedication, but when we get to the performances, the reward will be great!  Be sure to check out the West Side Story page for more details.

Big Band Dance is coming quickly!  We have a planning meeting this Thursday the 12 at 7:30 in my classroom.  Please join us as we are still in need of parents to help with decorations, raffle and the auction.  If you are a parent of a new band student, this is the best way to help your child have a successful program, just join us this week and see how you can fit in. This single event raises the funds that our students rely on for the entire year for music, instruments, supplies, festivals and much more.  Get more info on the Big Band Dance page.

A tour payment of $150 is NOW DUE!  Students who have participated in fundraising can ask me about their balance, or parents, I can send you a PDF account statement.  We will be staying at the Homewood Suites- 12005 Harbor Boulevard, Garden Grove 92840. If you plan to travel along with us, I can get you our group rate on the hotel and the Disney tickets, but you need to contact me ASAP.  Please note that I need to schedule a pre-trip meeting, mandatory for all trip participants and a parent in early February.  I will confirm this evening meeting in my announcements next week.

Jazz Band- remember we have upcoming performances on January 19 in the gym from 6-7:15 for recruitment night, CMEA Jazz is on Saturday, February 4 at Santa Teresa HS, time TBA, and finally the downtown gig for Joint Venture at the convention center is Friday morning Feb 10 from 7:00- 10:30.  I do need parent drivers for this downtown gig!  Please let me know if you are able.  All gigs are in formal attire.

Finally, I can't stress enough that I need to collect funds from those who have yet to pay for their tuxes, dresses, fundraising or other items.  Please arrange payment with me as soon as possible.  If you don't know what you owe, I can provide a statement detailing any charges.  Let me know how I can help with this process.