Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Update 1

It was great to see so many students and families turn out in support of Mr. DeMar last Saturday.  Not only was he a colleague of mine, but he was one of my teachers- doing student teaching while I was a student at Castillero and as a private instructor for a short time.  I was proud to be able to perform with so many other alumni and raise money for Joe.  I also got to meet current and former Pioneer students that evening.  Good job to all who performed!  Be sure that you check out their website.

I have created a Pioneer Band & Orchestra group on facebook.  If you would like to connect, be sure to join the group!  Also, please invite friends, family and other alumni to join so that they can also know what is going on.  We have a busy summer as we plan events to raise funds for our new orchestra as well as other activities in room 107.

Remember to follow this blog and be in the know about what's going on here at Pioneer.  I will be asking for help off and on here at Pioneer this summer and I would appreciate all the help I can get.  Have a great summer and keep practicing!